Maryland Inclusive Housing Corporation (MIH) is looking for a passionate and professional individual to join its team. The Community Living Coordinator is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Housing Support Services. This is professional case management work involving assistance in locating and accessing community living options for persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families, which will promote community involvement; enhance quality of life; and provide support and accessibility throughout the lifespan.
About Maryland Inclusive Housing Corporation (MIH):
MIH is an organization created to help people with IDD successfully access and maintain inclusive, affordable and accessible housing of their choice by creating opportunities, identifying resources, connecting people and providing services. Its innovative model involves creating housing committees across the regions of Maryland; providing case management for individuals receiving Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) services; and acting as an information clearinghouse for DDA, individuals with IDD and their families; and for coordinators of community support and service providers.
- Provide Housing Support Services as defined in the Maryland Medicaid Waiver
- Maintain and expand knowledge of housing resources
- Maintain and share information with stakeholders, provide education and training to promote individuals making their own choices regarding housing and having control over their own homes
- Provide technical assistance to individual planning teams working to locate homes in locations of the individual’s choice and to service providers regarding housing options
- Educate individuals, families, guardians and Coordinators of Community Supports (CCS) workers on trends and developments regarding housing for people with IDD
- Educate landlords about the benefits of renting to people who have IDD and educate people with IDD how to be good neighbors
- Work with individuals, families, service providers and CCS workers to access resources for modifying existing homes to meet accessibility needs
- Facilitate and participate in PCP teams to address housing needs of individuals with IDD
- A relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- One or more years of experience in providing the service or similar service with individuals with IDD or a similar population
- Knowledge of community housing resources and community providers for individuals with IDD
- Knowledge of CCS methods, principles, and techniques
- Technical knowledge of information management systems, including (Long Term Services & Supports (LTSS)
- Ability to support people with IDD to make decisions about services and supports they need as part of their housing transition plan
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with auto insurance
- MIH requires that all employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Preference is given to applicants living in or having work experience in Prince George’s County and southern Maryland.
Salary & Benefits:
- $50,000 per year
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 3 weeks PTO and 7 floating holidays
- Mileage and cell phone reimbursements
- Working from home.
How to Apply:
- For more information about Maryland Inclusive Housing and what we do, please visit www.mih-inc.org.
- Interested applicants should please send resume and cover letter PDF to email@example.com.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis with flexible start date ideally on/around Feb. 1, 2023.