Maryland Inclusive Housing Corporation’s mission is to help people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) successfully access and maintain inclusive, affordable, and accessible housing of their choice by creating opportunities, identifying resources, connecting people, and providing services.
Three Main Goals:
- To facilitate the creation of housing committees in regions or counties throughout the state
- To employ Community Living Coordinators who would work as housing case managers for individuals who are receiving DDA services or are on the DDA waiting list
- To be a housing information clearing house for DDA, for individuals with IDD and their families and for CCS workers and service providers.
At the request of Bernie Simons, Deputy Secretary of the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), in January 2018, the Maryland Supported Living Advisory Committee was formed. A year later in December 2018, the Committee produced a report for Mr. Simons with a recommendation to form a new nonprofit organization to advance affordable and accessible housing, separately owned from services. Mr. Simons accepted this recommendation and asked the Committee to implement this and other recommendations. Maryland Inclusive Housing Corporation is a result of this work.
Our Core Values
Person Centered | Knowledgeable | Reliable & Trustworthy | Innovative | Respectful
- We build strong partnerships
- We Educate and Advocate
- We create Inclusive Communities