The webinars will showcase Your Money, Your Goals tools and materials that frontline staff and others use with traditionally underserved populations. This series is designed for new and experienced practitioners (such as social workers, housing counselors, legal aid attorneys and others) who would like to receive an overview of the latest resources. Throughout the series, participants will be encouraged to share their insights on current trends and experiences of underserved consumers. The series will highlight the role of practitioners in consumer protection and participants will exchange tips and strategies for using tools with clients.
The series will focus on content related to:
- Consumer protection
- Money management (income/expenses/cash flow)
The resources will help participants answer questions such as:
- What can I do if I’m having a problem with a financial product or service?
- How do I make sure my credit report is accurate?
- How can I find a safe place to put my savings?
- How do I respond to a debt collector?
- How can I protect my identity?
These free materials are easy to use in program services and are available in print, electronic, and video formats. Selected materials are also available in Spanish. Learn more online. In addition, hardcopy Your Money, Your Goals materials are available free of charge. These links will open in a new browser tab.